Monday, November 9, 2009

1000 Things in 100 Days!!

I am a chronic hoarder of all things crafty. My supplies have stockpiled over the last 10 years and they are outgrowing our house. I could destash them on Etsy, I suppose. But, I just can't find it in my heart to part with them in their current unused state. At one point, I had a plan for every last thing I've purchased. Now I just need to figure out what that is or what it could be.

So, I have a plan.

Using the things I have now, I plan to make 10 different items. And, I will make 100 of each of them. Hence the name, "1000 Things".

Sound simple??

To make things more interesting, I will use only what I have available to make the first set of 100 things. Sales from those will determine a budget for the next set, and so on. Also, take into consideration that I also paint and sell home decor items (retail and wholesale) on my website, Primitive Art Deco . I will spend 5 of each 10 days actually making the items. Then, the 100 items will be for sale for the remaining of the 5 days. For 100 days! I think I'll be pretty busy.

I could have just made the 1000 things and added them to several venues.Or, I could have slacked or given up. But, knowing that you all know about my goal will help to make me accountable. If others want to join me, let me know!

I will be revealing the first item on Friday, November 13!!!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! Thousand things sound like a lot of work! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Good luck to you :) Make sure to have fun doing it :)
    31everything.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...that is a lot of math...and a lot of work, I daresay!! But...you have a goal!!! Go for it!
    Susan
    www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, are you going to even be able to sleep? You are going to be one busy lady!
    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is pretty cool. I hope you have fun creating, I look forward to seeing your first item on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea. Can't wait to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete